The Consequences Of Neglecting To Speak With A Car Accident Attorney In Savannah
If you're in a car accident in Savannah, there are several things you need to do to protect yourself and make sure everything is handled properly. Many people believe that hiring legal counsel is unnecessary because they were not at fault for the accident. However, it's not always the case. In fact, not speaking with a lawyer could have very major consequences. In this article, we'll go over some of the things that can happen if you don't consult with an attorney after a car accident in Savannah.
Top Causes Of Car Crash In Savannah
Several factors can contribute to car crashes in Savannah. Here are some of the most common causes.
1. Driver Error
This is the most common cause of car crashes, and can include things like speeding, following too closely, or failing to yield.
2. Mechanical Problems
If a car has mechanical problems, it can greatly increase the risk of a crash. This may be due to something like a flat tire or faulty brakes.
3. Road Conditions
Poor road conditions can also contribute to car crashes. This may be due to things like potholes, ice, or debris in the roadway.
4. Weather Conditions
Inclement weather can make driving more difficult and increase the risk of a crash. This may include things like rain, snow, or fog.
Any number of distractions can increase the risk of a car crash. This may include things like using a cell phone, eating, or talking to passengers.
Important Things To Do After A Car Accident
Car accidents are unfortunately all too common, and if you're unfortunate enough to be involved in one, it's important to know what to do afterwards. Here are the things to do after a car accident in Savannah.
Check For Injuries
Check for injuries and render first aid if necessary. If you or any of the other parties involved have sustained injuries, it's important to get medical attention as soon as possible.
Call The Police
Even if the accident seems relatively minor, it's always a good idea to involve the authorities so that they can create an official record of what happened. This can be helpful if there are any disputes later on.
Exchange Information With The Other Parties Involved
You'll need to get the contact information of the other driver (or drivers) as well as any witnesses who may have seen what happened.
Take Pictures Of The Scene
If possible, use your cell phone or camera to take pictures of the damage to both vehicles as well as any debris that may be strewn about. This can be helpful evidence later on.
Contact Your Insurance Company And Car Accident Lawyer
Once you've taken care of everything else, you'll need to notify your insurance company and car accident attorney about the accident so that they can begin processing your claim and check the legal aspect of the accident.
By following these steps, you can help ensure that everything is taken care of after a car accident in Savannah.
The Consequences Of Not Consulting A Lawyer After A Car Accident
There are some very real consequences of not consulting a lawyer after a car accident in Savannah. Here are some of them.
1. You could end up paying for the other driver's damages yourself. If the other driver doesn't have insurance or their insurance doesn't cover the full extent of the damage, you could be on the hook financially.
2. You could miss out on compensation for your damages and injuries. An experienced car accident lawyer will know how to negotiate with insurance companies to get you the maximum amount of money possible.
3. The other driver could claim that you were at fault for the accident, even if you weren't. Without a lawyer, you may not have the evidence or knowledge necessary to disprove your claim in court.
4. Your case could end up in court, which can be time-consuming and expensive. A lawyer will know how to navigate the legal system and keep your case out of court if possible.
5. The statute of limitations for car accidents in Savannah is two years from the date of the accident. This means that if you don't consult a lawyer within two years, you may lose your right to take legal action altogether.
As you can see, there are serious consequences to not consulting a lawyer after a car accident in Savannah. If you've been involved in a crash, it's important to speak with car accident attorneys as soon as possible.
Car Accident Attorney Can Be A Big Help
An experienced car accident attorney can help you navigate this process and protect your rights. Here are five ways an attorney can help you after a car accident in Savannah.
1. An attorney can help you file a claim with the insurance company. Insurance companies are often reluctant to pay out on claims, but an attorney will know how to build a strong compensation case.
2. An attorney can negotiate with the other driver's insurance company on your behalf. If the other driver was at fault, their insurance company should be responsible for your damages. However, the insurance company may try to lowball you on the settlement. An attorney will fight for a fair settlement that covers all of your damages.
3. An attorney can represent you in court if necessary. If the other driver's insurance company refuses to settle or if you are sued by the other driver, you will need an attorney to represent you in court.
4. An attorney can help you recover damages that are not covered by insurance. In some cases, you may be able to recover punitive damages or pain and suffering damages from the other driver.
5. An experienced car accident attorney will have handled similar cases in the past and will know what to expect during the claims process. This experience can be invaluable as you navigate this difficult time.
If you have been involved in a car accident in Savannah, don't try to handle everything on your own. Contact an experienced car accident attorney today to get started on your case.
How Much Does A Car Accident Lawyer Cost
The cost of a car accident lawyer in Savannah will vary depending on the severity of the accident, the number of damages involved, and the jurisdiction in which the accident occurred.
In most cases, lawyers will charge a contingency fee, which means that they will only get paid if they win your case. The contingency fee will be a percentage of the settlement or verdict that you receive.
It's important to note that contingency fees are negotiable, so be sure to discuss the fee with your lawyer before hiring them. You should also ask about other potential costs, such as filing fees, expert witness fees, and deposition costs.
Tips For Finding The Right Car Accident Lawyer
Here are some tips to help you find the right lawyer for your case in Savannah.
1. Get Referrals From Trusted Sources
Talk to your friends, family, and colleagues to see if they have any recommendations for car accident lawyers in the Savannah area.
2. Check Out Online Directories
There are several online directories that provide listings of local car accident lawyers, such as AVVO and Lawyers.com.
3. Schedule Consultations
Once you've compiled a list of potential lawyers, schedule consultations with each one so that you can learn more about their experience and skills.
4. Ask Questions
During your consultation, be sure to ask questions about the lawyer's experience handling car accident cases, their success rate, and their fees.
5. Make A Decision
After meeting with several different lawyers, take some time to compare your options and choose the lawyer who you feel confident will best represent your interests.
There are many top firms in the area, but we recommend you contact the experienced car accident lawyers at The Brown Firm in Savannah to discuss your case. They are professionals in handling these types of cases and have the experience to get you the best possible outcome.
Contact A Car Accident Attorney In Savannah
No one ever expects to be involved in a car accident in Savannah. However, if you are ever unlucky enough to find yourself in this situation, it is important to know what steps to take afterward. The first and most important thing to do is consult with a lawyer who specializes in car accidents. They will be able to guide you through the process and ensure that you get the compensation you deserve.
If you have been involved in a car accident, contact The Brown Firm in Savannah. They are a team of experienced car accident lawyers who will fight for you and get you the compensation you deserve.
Their team will work tirelessly to investigate your accident, gather evidence, and build a strong case on your behalf. They will negotiate with the insurance companies and fight for you in court if necessary. Contact The Brown Firm today to schedule a consultation.